Oct 13, 2008

Feeding the Missionaries

Today I volunteered to feed the missionaries. I haven't done this for several years. Many people fed my four sons during their missionary years so I like to return the favor. I made taco soup with chips and fresh rolls. The soup was all right, but the rolls were a hit. Two young men in black suits arrived at 5:00--an Elder from Canada and an Elder from Germany. We enjoyed our meal and David joined us. I felt a special spirit when the missionaries blessed the food. The Canadian Elder asked many questions and was a great listener. He talked to David about Iraq, missionary work, church history, politics, etc. David loved every minute and the hour sped by. The Elders left a blessing on our home and the spirit of love seemed to linger after they left. This simple act of service blessed my life and my home today.

2 comments:

Erickson said...

My bookshelf looks surprisingly similar. Thanks for all the great books.

J and B Martin said...

Good job Mom, I always appreciated the members feeding us.

Love ya

Joe