Feb 24, 2011

Eagles at Farmington Bay


Many bald eagles are resting at the Farmington Bay bird refuge. Today I went to see them with my daughter and grandson. We only have a small window of time to watch the Eagles before they migrate to Canada or Alaska. I counted 18 eagles perched in two skeleton trees which stretched bare branches to the sky. Two more eagles rested on a piece of driftwood sticking up in the bay and an eagle quartet huddled together in a marshy field. A line of SUVs stood on the road watching the eagles. Eager children, excited Moms, and Seniors pressed their faces against windows. Hardier folks poked their heads out into chill winds to get a better look. Occasionally, an eagle would treat the crowd with a soaring flight, wings spread--magnificient.

I'll mark this on my calendar for next year: watch the eagles. I hope they don't build a freeway.

No comments: