Aug 18, 2008

Camping Trip with Jon's Family


AUGUST 11—We drove up American Fork campground to Granite Flats. We found a campsite and set up our tent. We saw squirrels and chipmunks near our camp and hiked many trails by camp. The girls called it “adventuring.” We found snail shells, blueberries, and trees. I brought two small fishing poles and went with Jon, Madelynn, and Aurianna fishing at the reservoir. We drove Jon’s new red truck and listened to John Denver. Being in the outdoors gives me great memories of my childhood. We ate Italian chicken, hot dogs, corn on the cob and peach cobbler for dinner. Everything tastes better by a campfire made with logs from our old pine tree. Madelynn tried to catch butterflies, but finally captured a moth and put it in a bottle. Madelynn hiked to the top of the mountain so she could draw the sunset. The girls slept in the trailer and the boys slept in the tent. Aurianna was my bunk mate. She tossed around, but we still managed to have a good sleep. I’m a kid at heart in the woods.

3 comments:

J and B Martin said...

Trisa..I love what you've done with your blog! I'm glad you figured out a way to make that picture smaller! And it was exciting to hear about your camping trip. I wish we could have gone with you!

Erickson said...

I'm so proud of you Mom. It looks great. I'm so glad that you are so willing to learn new things on the computer.

Kim Gail said...

It was one of memorable camping trip of yours.